About the service
The Specialist Older People's Team (SOPT) provide a holistic review of frail older people through comprehensive geriatric assessment to support proactive management and advanced care planning.
Who is this service for?
Patients must be registered with a North Somerset GP practice and be aged 75 years or older OR be aged between 65 - 75 years with any of the following:
- Two or more co-morbidities
- In a nursing / residential home or community hospital
- With Edmonton Frailty score of moderate and above (10 and above)
- On GPs high risk admission list
If you are a healthcare professional and wish to refer a patient to the SOPT, please visit our New Referrals page
Clinical advice is also offered to support clinicians to manage patients in the community without a specialist appointment. Queries are taken via the Clinical Hub (01275 888400) and the team will respond either the same day or the next. Please note this is not an urgent or emergency service.
- 01275 888400 (Healthcare Professionals Only)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Healthcare Professionals Only)
Back to top