About the service
The Minor Injury Unit (MIU) is a purpose-built facility based in Clevedon Community Hospital, offering treatment for a wide range of minor injuries.
Treatment is delivered by our specialist emergency nurse practitioners who are fully trained in both adult and paediatric care.
Our specialist practitioners are able to treat patients with minor injuries such as:
- Wounds and grazes
- Cuts needing stitches
- Trips and falls
- Broken bones (we have an x-ray facility on site)
- Minor injuries resulting from minor road traffic accidents
- Minor injuries arising from domestic violence
- Minor burns
- Sports injuries
- Sprains, bruises and abrasions
- Head injuries (no loss of consciousness)
- Simple eye trauma e.g. foreign bodies
- Removal of foreign bodies
- Minor injuries in children over three years of age.
Anyone above the age of three years can visit the MIU. Our waiting times are usually much shorter than at your local A&E department. We aim to see people within two hours and children are dealt with as a priority.
We encourage you to attend the MIU with the above conditions to avoid delays and to help ease the pressure on our local A&E departments.
There is parking available at Clevedon Community Hospital.
Who is this service for?
We will treat anyone above the age of three years old who lives in North Somerset and the surrounding areas.
Contact usClevedon Community Hospital Old Street Clevedon North Somerset BS21 6BS
- 01275 546852
- Opening hours: 8am - 9pm, seven days a week (X-ray opening hours: 9am - 12pm and 2pm - 4pm. Weekdays only. This is a walk-in service with no appointment required.)
Back to top