About the service
Our highest priority is the safety of our patients and in particular, infection prevention and control.
In line with national priorities, our Board is committed to taking all necessary steps to avoid and prevent healthcare-associated infection. Thanks to the sustained efforts of all our staff, we have made outstanding progress with infection prevention and control.
Infection Prevention and Control, within our Governance Team, has responsibility for advising and educating staff at all levels on how they can prevent and reduce cross-infection, by offering specialist advice, and advising and supporting healthcare workers on best practice.
Who is this service for?
Patient safety is a high priority for us and infection prevention and control is one part of this.
We aim to reduce the risk of healthcare associated infection to our visitors, patients and staff, whether they are using our hospital services or our community services.
Contact usNorth Somerset Community Partnership Castlewood PO Box 237 Tickenham Road Clevedon North Somerset BS21 9AX
- 01275 885383
- 07554 224732
Back to top
Find out more
- Pathway for managing acute diarrhoea
- Community Sepsis Screening Tool
- Stop norovirus spreading this winter - leaflet
- Care home outbreak information pack
- Clostridium Difficile (C.diff) Patient Information Leaflet
- Meticillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA) Patient Information Leaflet
- Norovirus Patient Information Leaflet
- Health Protection Agency
- Healthcare Infection Society
- Infection Prevention Society
- National Patient Safety Agency
- The Department of Health