About the service
The Community Rapid Response team provides 24-hour intensive nursing assessment and support. This includes short-term care packages to patients with acute health needs, in their own home for up to 14 days.
The service includes referrals from the ambulance service to assist and assess patients who have fallen as well as supporting patients from both the community ward and managed care teams.
Who is this service for?
- Have urgent health needs
- Have experienced a rapid deterioration in health or function which does not need secondary care as a result
- Require rapid intervention and a timely intensive care package
- Require access to time-limited social care as a result of a health need
- Require safe haven and a timely return to their own home or a home of choice.
- 01275 888801
- Opening hours: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Back to top
A patient trips and falls to the floor. They have no specific injury as far as they are aware.
We are called by the ambulance service; we aim to respond immediately or within an hour. On arrival our nurses and support workers assess the situation and, if safe, use lifting equipment to get the person to their feet.
A full assessment is undertaken and any needs identified are managed or referred as appropriate. We may use our falls service, equipment store, referral to ward or community team, emergency home care or safe haven beds.
The following day, the patient is reviewed to ensure they remain safe at home and any further support is provided as required.
Prior to our ambulance work, patients would wait for an ambulance which could be hours as they would be a low priority.